本站组织 于2022年06月22日发起 距报名截止还有天报名已截止
|不限||Free & Ticketed||报名费|
One of BC’s largest music presenters, Coastal Jazz and Blues Society, is proud to present its annual TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival.
Over the decades, Vancouver has gained an international reputation as a meeting place for creative musicians. Continuing that tradition, this year’s program will include an intriguing and extensive roster of local and international musicians.
Over 700 artists, 200 performances, 19 venues and more than 60 free shows with musicians from Canada to South Korea participate in this much anticipated annual festival.
Lucinda Williams Saturday, July 2 at 8:00 pm, Queen Elizabeth Theatre
Jazz at Pyatt Hall
Eight performances are offered as part of the Jazz at Pyatt Hall series (843 Seymour Street, Vancouver), the festival’s home of all things straight-ahead, bebop, and modern jazz. All shows feature an early 7:30 pm start followed by a 9:30 pm late show.
- Brad Turner Quintet featuring Mike Murley Friday, June 24
- Immanuel Wilkins Monday, June 27
- Peggy Lee Band Thursday, June 30
- Cory Weeds Little Big Band with Special Guest Carl Allen Saturday, July 2
Performance Works Series
The Performance Works Series features an eclectic mix of nine ticketed 7:30 pm performances at Performance Works (1218 Cartwright Street, Granville Island).
● Adria Kain and Janette King share stories of resilience and self-actualization on Friday, June 24
● PIQSIQ Inuit throat singing traditions and KEE AVIL’s guitar, voice and electronics performance on Saturday, June 25
● One of “jazz’s breezier virtuosos,” Julian Lage Trio, featuring Scott Colley and Dave King, performs on Sunday, June 26
● Expressive and deeply compelling Youn Sun Nah is featured on Monday, June 27
● Performance Works sees thrilling new vibraphonist Joel Ross Good Vibes on Wednesday, June 29
● Jazz Times critics call Samara Joy “Best New Artist.” Hear her perform as Samara Joy with Pasquale Grasso Trio on Thursday, June 30
● Sam Tudor + Kandle, Featuring Kendel Carson and Debra-Jean Creelman, bring great new energy, outlaw country and rock ‘n roll to the evening on Friday, July 1 – Canada Day
● As part of Granville Island Jazz, The Blue and Gold and Great Aunt Ida perform on Saturday, July 2
● Les Filles De Illighadad closes the Performance Works series on Sunday, July 3 with their sublime sound from the Republic of Niger in West Africa
Ocean Art Works – 1531 Johnston Street, Granville Island
Transformed into an outdoor jazz venue with a licensed bar and late-night evening DJ sets, Ocean Art Works offers ticketed ($10 at the door) and free events throughout the festival.
Shows at 9:00 pm, no minors, $10 tickets available for purchase at the door.
Ocean Art Works is sponsored in part by CHMC Granville Island and is part of the Granville Island Jazz series.
Ticketed show schedule:
● Old Soul Rebel and JB The First Lady, June 24
● Potatohead People and Xhalida, June 25
● Gentle Party and Wallgrin, June 26
● Only a Visitor and Devours, June 27
● Petunia and the Vipers and Emily Rose Nyberg, June 28
● Missy D and CAST, June 29
● Moondle and Aerialists, June 30
● Dawn Pemberton and Francis Baptiste, July 1
● the della kit and Cara Bateman, July 2
● Sister Says, July 3
Innovation Series at The Ironworks
The Innovation Series at The Ironworks (235 Alexander, Vancouver) brings together Vancouver’s best improvisational musicians and those from around the globe for more than 16 electrifying explorations of experimental jazz. Programming sees two shows per weekend with performances at 9:00 pm followed by an 11:30 pm late show. Weeknights see 9:00 pm shows
only. All tickets are $29, including service charges.
“Always an eclectic array of creative musicians, the Innovation Series at The Ironworks provides
The Innovation Series at The Ironworks schedule includes the following performances:
– Darius Jones and Strings with Gerald Cleaver on Friday, June 24 at 9:00 pm and JOYFULTALK at 11:30 pm
– Jaimie Branch C’est Trois on Saturday, June 25 at 9:00 pm and JP Carter / Lisen Rylander Löve / Luke Stewart / Jason Nazary at 11:30 pm
– Amendola vs Blades with Skerik and Cyro Baptista on Sunday, June 26 at 9:00 pm and Anteloper at 11:30 pm
– CANABRAVA NOW featuring Douglas R. Ewart and Mankwe Ndosi on Monday, June 27 at 9:00 pm
– Like the Mind on Tuesday, June 28 at 9:00 pm
– Wayne Horovitz Trio and Karen Ng on Wednesday, June 29 at 9:00 pm
– Thumbscrew on Thursday, June 30 at 9:00 pm
– François Houle RECODER 4tet with Gordon Grdina, Mark Helias and Gerry Hemingway on Friday, July 1 at 9:00 pm and Gordon Grdina’s Nomad Trio with Matt Mitchell and Jim Black at 11:30 pm
– FIRE! At 9:00 pm on Saturday, July 2, with Dave Rempis, Tammy Babin and Kenton Loewen at 11:30 pm
– Amirtha Kidambi, Julia Úlehla and Darius Jones Sunday, July 3 at 9:00 pm and Jeff Parker (solo) at 11:30 pm
Free Jazz Around Town at two stages at the Vancouver Art Gallery (750 Hornby Street), David Lam Park (1300 Pacific Blvd), Performance Works (1218 Cartwright Street), Ocean ArtWorks (1531 Johnston Street), The Innovation Series at The Ironworks (235 Alexander Street) and free events at various venues with the North Shore Jazz Series.
As per Festival tradition, Coastal Jazz will present a whole weekend of FREE outdoor music at David Lam Park.
Who is it for?
All ages and adult events
Tickets : Varies – Free and ticketed events
How to get tickets?
WHEN & WHERE
Date & Time:
June 24, 2022 – July 3, 2022 – Schedule
Venue & Address :
Various Venues, Vancouver